Please read all conditions for this job opportunity before applying, including the notes on ‘General conditions’ and ‘How to apply’.
On the Move is looking for a communications and project officer (80%) for a long-term contract.
Job title: Communications and project officer (M/F/D)
Location: Belgium (remote working conditions)
On the Move (OTM) is dedicated to supporting the mobility of artists and cultural professionals, in Europe and worldwide. Through its free to access website, On the Move regularly highlights the latest funding opportunities supporting the international mobility of artists and cultural professionals – of all disciplines – thanks to its news section and related online guides, toolkits and research publications. Beyond this work as an information point, On the Move facilitates mentoring sessions and workshops, and gives public presentations on cultural mobility issues and the internationalisation of practices for the arts and cultural sector.
Born as a website in 2002, On the Move has evolved into a dynamic network that now counts more than 50 organisations and individual members.
On the Move is currently looking for a reliable, detail-oriented and engaged communications and project officer to help OTM’s team to implement an upcoming European project that will strengthen its position in the field of cultural mobility, in Europe and internationally, both for its members and the sector at large.
The communications and project officer will work under the direct supervision of the Secretary General and in close collaboration with the Director of Operations.
Responsibilities and main tasks
- Deliver preparation and implementation of the communication and dissemination plan following editorial policies, including EDIA requirements (Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Accessibility);
- Contribute to interim/final report of the project;
- Write and edit OTM communication texts and materials;
- Manage social media, monthly newsletters (in 5 languages) and mailouts;
- Create and disseminate press releases after major events;
- Help to conceive advocacy and communication campaigns on specific events or issues.
- Visuals and identity of On the Move through the European project:
- Develop templates for publications and briefing;
- Create visuals that are recognisable and accessible for social media;
- Update the website, particularly for new publications and news/opportunities;
- Further develop, expand and update mailing lists depending on target groups (sector, policymakers/funders, etc.) and the press list.
- Reinforce internal communication with On the Move’s members in relation to the European support project;
- Work closely with other contributors such as the webmaster and data analyst as well as external designers.
- Ensure streaming, recording and further dissemination of on-site and online meetings;
- Contribute to the implementation of live events (online, hybrid, onsite) in terms of logistics and, where needed, content development.
Depending upon specific requests, additional demands may be exceptionally made to the communications and project officer to assist the rest of the team and to ensure the smooth implementation of the European project.
Qualifications and competencies
- An academic university degree in cultural management and/or communications or equivalent;
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in the cultural sector, in communications, ideally in an international context and/or within the scope of European cooperation or network projects;
- Excellent command of English and French (spoken and written at C1 level) is mandatory. Mastery of a third language is an asset;
- Strong communications editing experience and attention to detail, especially in an online context;
- Knowledge and experience managing websites through a CMS (Drupal, WordPress, etc.);
- Experience using image, video and audio editing tools such as Adobe/Affinity software for online and/or printed communications is desirable. Familiarity with accessible design is an asset;
- Experience of working remotely while dealing with different partners and professionals, and of meeting strict deadlines while maintaining high standards for communications and events;
- Good interpersonal and intercultural competencies (ability to exchange, share and learn with people from different contexts);
- Flexibility to work adaptable hours and to travel (mostly by train and in Europe);
- Interest in arts and culture particularly in an international context.
- Starting date: as soon as possible;
- On the Move has no office, so the work will be done remotely with a small dynamic team;
- Employment conditions: long-term contract under Belgium labour law. Applicants must be resident in Belgium and/or have a valid work permit for Belgium;
- 3-month trial period;
- Remuneration: OTM offers a part-time contract with monthly gross salary of 2.250 euros;
- Flexible hours and travel for events’ organisation and/or participation.
Special attention will be given to applications from professionals from underrepresented communities and groups.
How to apply
Please send your CV (no more than three pages) and one-page motivation letter to email@example.com by Monday 17 January 2022 EOD.
Interviews shall be conducted online only on 20 and 21 January 2022.
Questions should be sent to On the Move Secretary General Marie Le Sourd via email only, to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
Only questions not answered in the job application will be answered.
All applicants will be notified but due to time constraints, no additional information will be provided once the selection is made. We thank you in advance for your understanding.