The Dancing on the Edge Scholarship Program offers scholarships for young talent from West Asia (a.k.a. Middle East) and North Africa (WANA) to attend HJS’ Amsterdam Summer Intensive, a three-week dance workshop programme running 10-28 July 2023.
During three weeks, the dancers will take dance classes (ballet, contemporary, countertechnique, and more) and participate in different workshops (repertoire, creation). The programme is an ideal opportunity for dancers to study in an international atmosphere together with other professionally oriented dancers.
For two participants, the DOTE Scholarship covers travel and visa expenses, accommodation, program fees. There is no per diem: participants are expected to pay for their own living and other expenses. They should also pay their own travel/health insurance.
Dancers applying must:
- Come from (and be at least partly based in) a place in West Asia (also known as the Middle East) or North Africa.
- Have at least some (and preferably substantial) training and performance experience in contemporary dance.
- Be no older than 27 years.
- Be capable of travelling and living independently for this period.
- Have enough resources to pay for food and other living expenses that may occur in this period.
- Have or be able to acquire health/travel insurance for this period.
- Arrange their own visa if necessary (with the help of Dancing on the Edge).