The HochX is a venue for theatre and live art in Munich which was awarded the Theaterpreis des Bundes in 2021. With the prize money, HochX will offer an international residency programme called residenXies in summer 2023. The aim is to provide a framework that empowers artists from Munich and abroad to connect with one another, work together and to collaborate on a project idea for the performing arts, providing space and resources for research and artistic exchange across borders and artistic genres.
HochX therefore invite two tandems of local and international artists to collaborate in Munich for three weeks. Up to 6 artists per tandem can collectively apply for any new artistic collaboration they intend to create together. There is no set theme for the collaboration.
Only joint applications are possible; a maximum of 6 people from at least two teams can participate. residenXies will take place from 26 June – 16 July 2023 at HochX Munich.
A residency includes the following:
- Studio space of at least 100 sqm for 3 weeks.
- 1 week stage time (shared time with the team of the second tandem).
- Grant allowance: 600€ / week per participating artist (Munich based and international).
- In addition to the allowance, the artists from abroad will receive a daily allowance.
- Travel and visa costs (for international artists).
- Local accommodation (for international artists for 3 weeks).
- Technical support on the stage (by arrangement and depending on availability).
- Public showing on 15 and 16 July 2023.