The Section for Malmö European Capital of Culture 2029 at the City of Malmö invites you to take part in the first annual MALMÖ TALKS: SKILLS, a conference and dialogue forum aimed at the Cultural and Creative Sectors in Malmö, Southern Sweden and beyond. This is a pilot concept within the framework of Malmö’s future candidacy, designed to stimulate exchange, invite participants to share and connect and together with us imagine the future needs of the European cultural and creative sectors in the years leading up to, and beyond, 2029.
The first instalment of MALMÖ TALKS: SKILLS will primarily focus on skills, capacity-building and professional development for the cultural eco system, in a European context.
The conference doubles also as a multiplier event within the scope of Learning Trajectories, an Erasmus+ project which has produced a set of practical handbooks for the continued professional development programmes for culture workers. Partners include On The Move, Fresh Arts Coalition Europe and MateraHub.
Speakers (confirmed so far):
- Marie Le Sourd, secretary general and Lina Allia, intern, On the Move and a partner in Learning Trajectories
- Nancy Braun, general director for Esch22, one of this year’s European capitals of Culture
- Yamam Al-Zubaidi, cultural policy expert and researcher
- Sofia Rasmussen, Rasmussen Analys, co-author of “Skills – framtidskompetenser för kulturen”
- Sophia Alexandersson, CEO and artistic director, Sharemusic
- Yohann Floch, President, Fresh Arts Coalition Europe
- Jenny Kornmacher Tingvall, developer CCI and international relations at the Southern Region of Skåne
- Jana Polkrabek, founder/artistic director, Move the North
- Carlo Ferretti, head of research and innovation, Materahub
- Sara Bjärstorp, Malmö University
- Hanna Olsson, project manager, International Resource Office (Trans Europe Halles)
More on the Learning Trajectories’s project here.