Artists at Risk Connection (ARC) safeguards the right to artistic freedom of expression and ensures that artists and cultural professionals everywhere can live and work without fear. ARC’s ultimate goal is to address the needs of artists at risk and the organisations that serve them.
ARC Artists at Risk Connection
- Working groups:
News & resources
- News / Artists at Risk Connection: Senior Manager, Protection Programs / Senior Manager, International Programs (USA)PEN America, a non-profit organisation working at the intersection of literature and human rights, is seeking to fill two senior manager positions: Senior Manager, Protection Programs and Senior Manager, International Programs. Both are new full-time positions expected to be based at PEN America’s New York office.Closed
- News / ARC - Artists at Risk Connection: Senior Manager & Regional Representative PositionsPEN America’s Artists at Risk Connection (ARC) currently has several open job positions: Senior Manager, Protection Programs and Senior Manager, International Programs (based in New York), and Regional Representative for Africa and Regional Representative for the Middle East.Closed
- Library / A Safety Guide for ArtistsWhen an artist first faces risk, there are not a lot of roadmaps: the experience can be incredibly isolating and disorienting. ARC - Artists at Risk Connection’s A Safety Guide for Artists explores topics such as defining and understanding risk, preparing for threats, fortifying digital safety, documenting persecution, finding assistance, and recovering from trauma.
- News / Artists at Risk Connection: Africa Regional RepresentativeARC – Artists at Risk Connection, a project of PEN America, a non-profit organisation working at the intersection of literature and human rights, seeks a talented, energetic, and highly organised regional representative in Africa. ARC is a support system for artists facing threats as a result of their creative expression. This is a part-time consultant position that can be based anywhere in Africa.Closed
- Library / Artists at Risk ConnectionThe Artists at Risk Connection (ARC), PEN America’s newest initiative, is an online collaborative project encompassing more than 500 global organizations that provide resources that can help save the lives of threatened artists. Through this online hub artists and organizations alike now have a clear, easily navigable website from which to network or seek further assistance. ARC is a supportive environment, where artists can “connect,” fostering progress towards positive change in human rights.