News & resources
- News / Tokyo Festival Farm: Asian Performing Arts Camp (Japan / Online)Tokyo Festival Farm Asian Performing Arts Camp is a programme for performing arts practitioners working in various parts of Asia. Using their own personal themes and concerns as starting points, the participants conduct research and fieldwork, hold discussions with people from different countries and cultures, and participate in lectures and workshops. Activities run from 21 July – 17 October 2023. The call is open to creatives based in Asia aged 35 or younger.
- News / CYENS: WIP Arts and Technology Festival (Cyprus)The WIP Arts and Technology Festival invites artists from all over the world to showcase their work in WIP23 which will take place in the CYENS Centre of Excellence and various venues in the old town of Nicosia, Cyprus between 20 October – 3 November 2023.
- Library / Time to Act: Two Years On, Data-led Insights on Performing Arts and Disability in EuropeTwo years on from the ground-breaking Time to Act report, British Council has commissioned On the Move - to conduct a follow-up report looking further into the knowledge gaps in the cultural sector that contribute towards inequalities for disabled artists and audiences.
- News / Tabačka Kulturfabrik: TBCK Forward Residency Programme for Women Artists and Cultural Professionals from Central and Eastern Europe (Slovakia)The TBCK Forward residency programme focuses on women artists and cultural professionals from Central and Eastern Europe (Czech Republic, Poland, Ukraine, Belarus, Armenia, Georgia, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Kosovo, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and North Macedonia). This call is for residencies in two programmes:Closed
- News / BIRCA: Residency Lab for New Ecological Performing Arts Around the Baltic Sea (Denmark)BIRCA Baltic Sea will invite 6 performing artists placed around the Baltic Sea (Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania) to a joint residency of 2 weeks taking place 25 September – 8 October 2023. The residency seeks to expand on participants’ current practice with a focus on the health of the planet. The aim is to create new solo, shared and collaborative performance works, with a focus on exchange and collaboration.
- News / Carampa Circus School: CRECE Circus Creation Laboratory (Spain)The CRECE project is a circus creation laboratory led by the Carampa Circus School and supported by FEDEC, aimed at artists/students recently graduated from a school or who are in their last year of school, to create a show together, which could include short forms (acts: 5-8 minutes) or pieces of intermediate duration with several artists (10-15 minutes).Closed
- News / Trieste Contemporanea: SQUEEZE IT Competition (Italy)Trieste Contemporanea is pleased to announce the fourth edition of the SQUEEZE IT competition. The contest invites artists and young professionals under the age of 30, born in the EU countries and in the CEI member states, to squeeze their talent and work at the crossroads of three creative languages: Visual Arts, Digital Technology, and Theatre. Applicants apply with a clip of their performance, with finalists invited to a three-day workshop in September 2023 in Trieste, Italy.
- News / Perform Europe: Project Coordinator, Communications Officer, and Project Assistant (Belgium)In order to carry out the Perform Europe activities over the next three years, the consortium are recruiting for three open positions within the Perform Europe team: Project Coordinator (100%), Communications Officer (100%), and Project Assistant (50%). All three positions will have a duration of 31 months, running 1 September 2023 until 31 March 2026.Closed
- News / First Europe: Open Call for Vocal Artists for Opera Hackathons (Serbia, Hungary, Italy)The First Europe project aims to promote and celebrate European archaeological heritage with a special focus on the fascinating archaeological site of Lepenski Vir in Serbia, which formed one of the oldest settlements in Europe. First Europe will bring prehistoric society closer to contemporary audiences by placing this unique European archaeological heritage in a new context – using it as the basis for a series of ‘Opera Hackathons’, a new creation framework methodology for live performances.
- News / New Horizons Leadership Programme for Emerging Contemporary Circus Project Managers and ProducersNew Horizons Leadership Programme is a 10 month programme (September 2023 - June 2024) aimed at capacity building for emerging project managers and producers to support the contemporary circus scene in Europe. To be eligible applicants must have demonstrated experience of working with contemporary or classical circus, and be based in a country within Europe.Closed
- News / Moving Identities: Residencies on European Identities in the Performing ArtsUnder the Moving Identities project, 6 European residency institutions are looking for companies of established performing artists of 2-5 people based in Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Norway, and Spain. The programme targets applicants who can relate to / explore themes of diversity and inclusion within European Identities.Closed
- News / MUSIKTHEATERTAGE WIEN: Residency for Music Theatre Collectives and Artists (Austria)MUSIKTHEATERTAGE WIEN is an international festival that creates, curates and co-produces contemporary music theatre, always looking for new connections between music, text, space, technology and artists.Closed