‘Mobility Info Points - MIPs have proven to be effective information providers that aim to tackle the administrative challenges that artists and cultural professionals face when working across borders (…) It is recommended that the EU and Member States reinforce the capacity of the existing MIPs and establish new MIPs in all other EU countries.’
This acknowledgment is included in the latest 2023 Report of the OMC Working group of Member States’ Experts ‘The status and working conditions of artists and cultural and creative professionals’ (page 64).
In order to strengthen and/or facilitate the creation of new MIPs in particular in EU countries, MIPs through the MIP-Amplifier project have all contributed to the contents of this practical handbook to share their learning and experiences.
This MIP Handbook was particularly devised through a training hosted by Motovila (MIP Slovenia) in Ljubljana on 11-13 September 2023, in collaboration with the support of touring artists (MIP Germany), both partners of the MIP-Amplifier project coordinated by On the Move.
The MIP Handbook addresses in a clear and experience-based manner the following topics:
- How to initiate an MIP in an EU country?
- What is an MIP work process?
- What is a national network of collaborators for an MIP?
- How to gather/share information and on which subjects?
- How to communicate with and advise artists and culture professionals from various disciplines, backgrounds and contexts?
- How to build a relationship with stakeholders?
- How to cooperate with officials and decision-makers?
- Proposed steps of development for an MIP.
This MIP Handbook can be read in parallel to the MIP Data Report to understand better the trends and the needs with regards to administrative issues faced by artists and culture professionals.
The MIP-Amplifier project is supported by ECAS - European Citizen Action Service, as part of a financial support to third parties (re-granting) scheme under grant agreement 101104626, of which ECAS is the beneficiary for its EURECA 2023 project (European Citizenship Accelerator). This project receives funding by the Citizenship, Equality, Rights and Values programme of the European Union.