IETM is one of the oldest and largest European cultural networks, young at heart and innovative in its strategies. IETM represents the voice of over 500 members who are performing arts organisations in the contemporary performing arts worldwide. They create, organise and execute a large range of activities each year, for their members and the wider performing arts sector. These include small and large events all over the world, advocacy actions and campaigns, research and publications, training, and community engagement. In addition, they pioneer dialogues and initiate developments on the most pressing topics in the sector and societies at large.
The Communication and Membership Manager’s role is to develop and implement the communication and membership strategies of the network and its activities. Below is a list of the tasks this can entail:
- Setting and implementing strategies for general communication, social media, visual policy, press relations.
- Managing and maintaining the website www.ietm.org (Drupal 9), monitoring issues and contributing to the improvement of the website together with IETM’s web developer.
- Disseminating IETM’s activities (including worldwide physical and digital events, publications and research, advocacy actions and projects) as widely as possible and monitoring the reach with a view of its continuous enhancement.
- Being the main editor of most of IETM’s written content.
- Managing social media: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Flickr, YouTube, Soundcloud; exploring and introducing new platforms.
- Coordinating and implementing IETM’s communication strategy for events in collaboration with local organising teams.
- Overseeing the communication of projects IETM is leading or participating in.
- Writing and producing IETM newsletters and mailings.
- Producing audio versions of IETM’s publications.
- Supervising the Communication and Membership Officer, as well as interns (occasionally).
- Coordinating the design of the visual identity of IETM’s activities, publications and resources, with external designers.
- Assisting the Secretary General and the Board members in representing the network externally.
- Supervising CRM development and keeping the database up-to-date.
- Supervising the yearly membership renewal process in collaboration with the Administrator.
- Developing and managing the online members’ community.
- Promoting members’ news and sharing relevant calls and opportunities with target groups within the membership.
- Welcoming new members through online sessions and taking part in various other membership programmes of the network.
This is a full time position (38h per week), located in Brussels, Belgium. IETM offer flexibility between home/remote work and in house work. The IETM team meets regularly at the IETM office. The wage is based on the Flemish salary scales for the performing arts sector (CAO PC 304) Scale A.