News & resources
- News / Guandu International Nature Art Festival: Call for Outdoor Installations (Taiwan)Guandu Nature Park is calling for three artists with a focus on the human-nature relationship to participate in the 2023 Guandu International Nature Art Festival, themed ‘Nature, a Gift - Connection, Giving, and Exchange’. Selected artists will use natural or environmentally friendly materials to create artworks on-site that can convey environmental messages and raise awareness. The residency period will run from 9 August 2023 – 11 September 2023, with artworks exhibited from 10 September – 31 December 2023.
- News / Destination Unknown: Site-specific Working Period at Former Factory in Roermond (Netherlands)Destination Unknown is a nomadic non-profit organisation that offers a working period for young artists in locations which are temporarily vacant. Artists are invited to react on the environment of the location with creative site-specific ideas and interventions. DU2023 will take place in the former Philips factory in Roermond, with the working period starting 1 July 2023 and an exhibition scheduled for 29 September - 1 October 2023.Closed
- News / REAKTOR: Visual Arts Residency to Produce a Site-responsive Work (Austria)REAKTOR, a privately run transdisciplinary art institution based in Vienna, is calling for conceptual proposals for a visual arts project that will respond to the architecture of the organisation’s main hall. The chosen artists will be invited to further develop their concept and to plan its practical implementation and realisation supported by REAKTOR’s team, for presentation in February 2024.
- News / New international Encounter: Call for Site-specific Land Art (Norway)Kunstarena Dikemark – Land Art 2023 is an international, interdisciplinary, and site-specific platform for land art established with support from the municipality of Asker and Viken County in Norway. With this open call, artists are invited to make site-specific Land Art projects in the scenic surroundings of the former psychiatric hospital in Dikemark, Norway.Closed
- News / Yarra Ranges Council: Large-scale Land Art Commission for Kalorama Park (Australia)Yarra Ranges Council is seeking expressions of interest from multidisciplinary teams of local, national or international artists to design, supply and install a large-scale land artwork at Kalorama Park, located within the Dandenong Ranges, Victoria, Australia.Closed
- News / Karosta Festival: Call for Artists to Make Artworks in Former Naval Base (Latvia)For more than a hundred years Karosta was a naval base closed to the public. Now, decades after the military has left, Karosta (located in Liepaja, Latvia) is having a second life. Karosta Festival seeks artistic creation processes, exhibitions, concerts, performances and workshops. New artwork will be created during the festival week in Karosta (5-11 June 2023) and presented during three public events 9, 10 and 11 June.Closed
- News / Rejmyre Art Lab: Production Residency on the Theme of ‘Refuging’ (Sweden)Rejmyre Art Lab invites artists from fine, performing and craft backgrounds, who are engaged with conceptual and contextual practices, to participate in a funded eight-week, production-based residency in Rejmyre, Sweden, in the spring and summer of 2023, starting on 24 April 2023.Closed
- News / G. & A. Mamidakis Foundation Art Prize (Greece)The G. & A. Mamidakis Foundation invites applications from Greek and international artists for the 2023 Art Prize. This year’s Art Prize calls for site-specific, large-scale wall-mounted works created to be part of a specific, configured environment; works which narrate an internal path/route; and which can be reference points-landmarks within their exhibition space. The selected works will be presented to the public in June 2023 and remain on permanent display at Minos Palace, in Agios Nikolaos, Crete.Closed
- News / Maajaam: Residency to Create Art & Tech Installations for ‘Wild Bits’ Outdoor Exhibition (Estonia)For the Wild Bits exhibition, Maajaam is offering a residency for artists to create technological art installations consisting of sounds, lights, texts, sculptures or their online counterparts that can be placed in natural spaces like forests, fields, swamps and lakes. The residency will take place during June and August 2023 over around three weeks. Produced works will remain in Maajaam and will be displayed at satellite exhibitions in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania until 2025.Closed
- News / CROSS Award: Call for Performing Artists and Companies, ‘COLLATERALE’ (Italy)The CROSS Award is addressed to artists and companies in the field of performance practices, with a focus on the production of innovative formats, centred on the relationship between corporeity and territory. Selected projects will be awarded residencies taking place in Ameno and surroundings (Lake Orta area) over the two-year period 2023-2024, during May-June and October-November.Closed
- News / Little Islands Festival: Open Call for Site-Specific Projects (Greece)The 5th Little Islands Festival in Sikinos, Greece invites new media and performing arts artists to submit proposals that engage with ecology, anthropology, and science in the enduring dialogue about the relationship between humanity and nature. This next edition of Litltle Islands Festival will take place for 4-6 days between mid-July and mid-August of 2023.Closed
- News / Les Jardins d'Étretat: Art Residency on the Alabaster Coast (France)Les Jardins d’Étretat in Normandy, France is calling for applications for an art residency in the spring of 2023. The participants are invited to create a site-specific installation that will take place in the topiary space of the Gardens from May 2023 to December 2024 on the cliff of the Alabaster Coast. The residency is open to visual artists, architects and collectives of multidisciplinary artists residing in Europe. Authors working on site-specific projects and land art, as well as with immersive and interactive practices, are particularly welcome to apply.Closed